TOP CORE COMPETENCIES
Product Marketing & Management
Scrum & Kanban Methodologies
Pragmatic Marketing Framework
Franklin American Mortgage Co. (Citizens Financial Group) |Franklin, TN | 2018 - Present
Franklin American Mortgage Company is one of the most successful mortgage companies in the US and began in Franklin TN. As of August 1, 2018 Franklin American Mortgage Co. was purchased by Citizens Financial Group putting Citizens Financial Group in the top 15 largest US banking institutions.
- Responsible for product management strategies.
- Coaching in software development (Agile coach).
- Customer research and market problem definition
Kroll | Nashville, TN | 2017 - 2018
Product Manager for the Identity Theft and Breach Notification Division
Kroll is the industry leader in identity monitoring and fraud detection (according to Forrester Research).
- Facilitated short term and long term divisional strategic planning sessions with key stakeholders from multiple divisions.
- I implemented best practices for a division new to Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- I organize effective Product Management processes to streamline communications between operations, development teams and business leaders
- I manage multiple backlogs and relationships with the division's largest clients.
- I manage priorities and expectations with a variety of vendors and clients to provide consistent and reliable products and services.
Ramsey Solutions, LLC | Brentwood, TN | 2004 - 2017
Dave Ramsey is a New York Times best-selling author and a leading national radio show host. His company has grown from 50 team members to over 525 during my tenure. The company is expanding it’s presence through additional personalities like Chris Hogan and Rachel Cruze, I have served in many important roles that contributed to the success and culture of the organization in addition to serving my own P&L team.
- I’ve been trained in Dave Ramsey’s Entreleadership course and have provided consultation to many small business owners and attendees.
- I’ve become a certified Dave Ramsey Financial Coach and provide financial guidance free to the community.
- I am the company’s most senior product manager and I mentor the other product managers and product owners throughout the company.
- I provide consultation to other P&L’s on digital strategies, market research, persona development and hiring.
- I organize multiple sporting events in association with HR as a company sports ambassador to promote good health and team unity.
Product Manager for EveryDollar.com | 2014 - 2017
An online budget application that shipped March 23, 2015 and is available via web browser, iPhone, and Android. It’s a freemium based, SaaS model with over 1.5 million users and became a multi-million dollar revenue generator in year one.
- I provided the qualitative and quantitative research to inform the business strategy, design, and development of EveryDollar.
- I led the initial prototype project with a team of designers and developers to validate the product in the market-place prior to launch.
- Through in-depth competitor analysis, customer interviews, and surveys, my market research informs writing user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritizing that work on the product backlog.
- I direct four product teams simultaneously along with managing relationships with key enterprise matrix teams. These teams are made up of UI/UX designers, front-end developers, platform developers, and key representatives from, quality assurance, marketing, and support.
- For each team, I organize and run daily stand-ups, planning and backlog refinements, product reviews and team retrospectives.
- I provide regular training to the support, sales, and marketing teams on new product updates.
- I initiate both user testing and user acceptance testing.
- I work closely with leadership and stakeholders to formulate the product roadmap, strategy, and vision.
- I monitor and evaluate key areas of the P&L as it’s impacted by the product’s KPIs.
- I lead the tech support team and have 12 direct reports and work with over 30 matrix team members.
Product Manager for MyTotalMoneyMakeover.com | 2004 - 2016
A Dave Ramsey fan site that included an online community, budget application, podcasts, and more. This product is a premium SaaS model that launched in 2002 and is the predecessor to EveryDollar and will be sunsetting in November of 2016. This product also became a multi-million dollar product and proved to be one of the most profitable products in company history and was the catalyst for helping 15 other P&Ls throughout the company expand into the digital space. I served this team in the following roles: Email Marketer, Content Writer, Marketing Coordinator, Project Manager, UX Designer, Product Manager.
Hohenwald Church of Christ | Hohenwald, TN | 1999 - 2004
Following college, I was a small town minister. It was during this time I became the editor of Teenage Christian Magazine and learned HTML and CSS as I began to transition the company online in addition to its print issues. This was just prior to the “Web 2.0” era and when I began to set a new course for my profession.
Nashville, TN | 1995 - 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
Tiny Habits Coach
Behavior Design Boot Camp
Introduction to Kanban
Lean Kanban University | August 2015
Agile Estimating and Planning
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Braintrust Consulting Group | May 2012
Certified Pragmatic Marketing, Practical Product Management
Pragmatic Marketing | February 2011
Dave Ramsey Financial Coach
The Lampo Group, Inc. | April 2007